Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I m lodding my Apple logic studio program. After a full install

Customer Question

I 'm lodding my Apple logic studio program. After a full install I try to open but I get a message that the wrong pro application support version is installed. I t tried to down load ver 4.0.2 but it will not install. All my drives a re marked red. Help. I paid good money for this program and can not install. I had it installed on the same computer befor and it worked. Go figure.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Did you try running Software Update under the Apple logo?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

yes. It down loaded update for Logic Pro 8.0.2 & 1.0.2

Down loaded Pro Apps Runtime 4.0.2

I installed the same and It will not except andy of my drives, They all have a red Hyphen mark on them and the reason stated is You cannot install Pro Apps Support on this Volume Error while Evaluationg Java Script.

I also run update on Logic Pro 8 also.

Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Did you download the ProApps separately or from Software Update?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I down loaded using the software update under apple logo. I then clicked on it and tried to install update but got the results of not excepting any driv to install on. The Logic Pro 8 is version 8.0.2 after update from down load. I beleave I tried to down load the Apps Pro application update from apple also.
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
OK first:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen and tell me the System Version, the Processor and the Memory. Then:

Go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair.
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
If all OK then try downloading this and install:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL68
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Mac OS 10.4.11 Dual 2.3 G5 4.5 gb ram Did verify drive Ok repaired permissions done
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL68
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That is the version I have installed but i reinstalled again. Bob I've seen this problem on the help pages on the internet exactly the same but I never seen a solution.
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
You should not need to install anything else. Does the program not launch?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This is why I'm looking for help. During launch it has a pop up window that reads

Wrong Pro Application Support Version.installed
Support 4.0 (687.0) or newer
Pro kit 589.0

that is as far as it gets.
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Try this. Go to Macintosh HD/Library/Receipts and drag anything named logic or pro apps to the desktop. Restart and try the Software update again.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Did That And still the same. Bob
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
  • Open the Applications folder. Drag the Logic Pro application to the Trash.
  • Go to /Library/Receipts.
  • In the Receipts folder, select the LogicPro.pkg file.
  • Choose View > as List to view the contents in a list.
  • Click the Date Modified column header so you can easily see all of the receipts that were installed at the same time as Logic Pro.
  • Drag the LogicPro.pkg receipt to the Trash, as well as any other items that have the same modification date within 3 minutes of the LogicPro.pkg's modification date.
  • Click the Name column header to sort the list alphabetically.
  • Drag any other receipts whose names begin with "Logic Pro" to the Trash.
Then reinstall from disks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I will do this tomorrow. This will take some time. I did something like this before and reinstalled. It even asked fir the Serial numbers again. This is a little different. thanks You
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
OK let me know
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Any luck?