loadedmind, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Several years experience as consultant, corporate I.T. & sysadmin.

My 12-year old Mac G3 died a month ago. Ive zoomed into the

My 12-year old Mac G3 died a month ago. I've zoomed into the 21st century and now have a brand new iMac, running system 10.6.3. I have a massive collection of fonts - all on floppies - I know, SHOOT ME!

Anyway, is there a compatible floppy drive I can get to load my $10,000 worth of fonts to my hard drive?

I bought a BYTECC floppy, cheap, at a Microwarehouse type store, but I was in a rush and didn't check the specs till I got home. The darned thing only runs with Mac OS 9.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm John.

Looks like your best bet is a LaCie floppy disk drive that has support for OS 8 through OS 10 found here:

I provided you with a link to Amazon because the brand new price and the used price are so drastically different and, if you're anything like me, I try to get by with as little money as possible. Just watch those shipping prices after you find an Amazon store that claims to have the lowest price. Some of them try to make up the difference in shipping which is, in my opinion, wrong.

If the information I've provided meets with your approval and resolves your issue, please let me know and you can Accept the answer (and if possible, leave positive feedback). If not, please DO NOT Accept the answer. Instead, let me know what happened and we'll try some more things or I can refer you to another Expert who may be able to help you further.