Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I got a new computer from work. So, I backed up my the documents,

Customer Question

I got a new computer from work. So, I backed up my the documents, songs, pictures, etc. to an external harddrive (My Documents folder) and copied it to my new laptop. Now the older songs on my new laptop (copied from my old one) will not play. iTunes says my computer is not authorized to play the specific song. I enter my password XXXXX authorize the song, but it still doesn't play. How can I fix this?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
You need to de-authorize the other computer and then copy the songs over and authorize again
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not have access to the old computer anymore. What other options do I have?
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
You can try this:

To deauthorize all computers associated with your account
If you find you have reached 5 authorizations, you can reset your authorization count by clicking Deauthorize All in the Account Information screen.

• Click iTunes Store in the menu on the left side of iTunes.
  • If you're not signed in to the store, click the Account button, then enter your account name and password.
  • Click the Account button again (your ID appears on the button), enter your password, and then click View Account.
  • In the Account Information window, click Deauthorize All.
Note: You may only use this feature once per year. The Deauthorize All button will not appear if you have fewer than 5 authorized computers, or if you have used this option within the last 12 months. If you need assistance on using this feature, please contact the iTunes Store support via email (