loadedmind
loadedmind, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Several years experience as consultant, corporate I.T. & sysadmin.
24048999

After transfer of PALM Contacts to Mac Address book, can the

After transfer of PALM Contacts to Mac Address book, can the same process be used to transfer other PALM applications eg. Photos, Calendar, Memos, etc.?
THEN, can any of this be synced to a PALM Pre phone (or must I load "Missing Sync")?
Category: Mac
Expert:  loadedmind replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm John.

So, the short answer here is that you will need a conduit to be able to talk to the device from your Mac and "The Missing Sync" is such a conduit. I've used Missing Sync with my Palm Zire and it worked fine. I have since gotten rid of the Zire and now use an iPhone, but the software worked.

If the information I've provided meets with your approval and resolves your issue, please let me know and you can Accept the answer (and if possible, leave positive feedback). If not, please DO NOT Accept the answer. Instead, let me know what happened and we'll try some more things or I can refer you to another Expert who may be able to help you further.

Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry for the delay, got called away.
Want to know what elements of the PALM desktop can go to a MAC program besides contacts. When I get whatever PALM programs I can transferred to the equivalent MAC program and then add MissingSync, will I be able to Sync regularly between the PALM Pre phone and my MAC Book like I did with the handheld PDA?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Don't want to lose all the PALM info. It is a Tungsten E2, if that matters. If I move portions of the PALM info to MAC will the all the desktop PALM info remain on my computer in PALM Desktop?
iPhone would be nice but we have poor AT&T coverage.
This will all depend on the options you choose within the Missing Sync software. Once you buy the software, you'll be able to choose the sync behaviors which includes keeping or moving data.

Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I plan to sync with a PALM Pre phone. Do you know if it will sync back and forth like the PDA (Zire in your case, Tungsten in mine)? Or is this information I'll need to get from the Missing Sync techs or Verizon techs? The site reviewing the downloads available for PALM Pre list the Missing Sync connection for MAC users. So there are options with the Missing Sync program? Am I correct that I won't know what all can be done until I go that route?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Does anyone at Just Answer have experience with PALM Pre phone and MAC combination?
Here is the link that concerns sync between Mac and the Palm Pre.
http://www.markspace.com/products/pre/index.html?source=picker_pre_mac

Regards,
loadedmind, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Several years experience as consultant, corporate I.T. & sysadmin.