MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years

I have a new ipad and it will not let me download it says I

I have a new ipad and it will not let me download it says I need mac 0s x 10.5 how do I get this
I need an answer soon
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for asking your question, with
I am Sr. Mac Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

• That is correct in regards XXXXX XXXXX iPad system requirements.
A mac with Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard or higher is required.
Here is the link supporting this information from Apple:

• Prices for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard range between $160.00USD and as high as $275.00 online, because the Apple online store no longer sells Leopard on their website because of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard being released.

You will have to Google the various online resellers who are selling versions of Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. Also, do not focus so much on various versions of Mac OS X 10.5, just search for the lowest price. I emphasize this, because once you do install a Mac OS X 10.5, all updates are free and can be run through the built-in Software Updates feature.

This is unfortunately, the only way you will be able to effectively use your iPad with your Mac and iTunes 9.

If you have any more questions, regarding your technical issue, please feel free to reply to this post as I am always ready to assist. Thank you!