Jono, Apple Product Professional
Experience:  9 years of Apple Retail work and certification as an Apple Product Professional.

Hi folks ~ Not long ago I was foolish enough to download some

Customer Question

Hi folks ~ Not long ago I was foolish enough to download some "free screen savers" for my Mac and now I have an "unlicensed" picture on my desktop that I cannot get rid of. If I change the desktop picture - 60 seconds or so later this same picture pops up on the desk. I have looked everywhere for the file and cannot find it to remove it. Any ideas?! Thank you very much for any help you can give me.
With kind regards, Lee
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jono replied 6 years ago.
It sounds to me like this is some form of malware or virus. My suggestion would be to use an anti-virus program such as Norton AntiVirus or Virex or Virus Barrier as soon as possible. You can also go to your user system preferences and look at your startup item preferences and make sure no strange programs have been added to the list there.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am not satisfied with your answer as I have had this desktop picture for at least a month so I know it is not a virus. I have had no other problem anywhere on my computer
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You asked me if I am satisfied with your answer. I replied on 5.1 that I was NOT satisfied with you answer. Thank you.