Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

why can i not just click on my dls, say a game, and have them

Customer Question

why can i not just click on my dl's, say a game, and have them open? what is this utility archive i'm seeing in my dock?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

Archive Utility is the default archive file handler in Mac OS X. It can open the following file types.

Archive Utility, cannot open rar files, to open rar files you need to install a additional utility called Stufft.

Download Stuffit from here

Could you please tell me what type of files are you downloaded ?

Best Regards,
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i tried what you said, that didn't work either, i keep getting the message "operation can't be completed error -10882.

also when i start a dl, the computer tells me it might be a file that is harmful to my computer.

i think i will have to take it to the apple store. i had no problems until someone made some changes for me.