Kyle Brockman
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience:  5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.
33372540

Hi. I am having problems with my internet connection dropping

Customer Question

Hi. I am having problems with my internet connection dropping out all the time on my Mac Desktop. I have a Laptop (windows) which works fine. i called my internet provider - bt - they changed the channels on both computers last week but it hasnt helped the mac. she said its prob a driver issue, and to get my technician to reset the drivers. does that make sense and can you help?
thanks tanya
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kyle Brockman replied 6 years ago.

I would like to help you with this. Can you tell me which version of mac os x your running? You can find this by going to the apple in the upper left hand corner, then click on about this mac.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Kyle
v 10.5.7
Thanks v much, look forward to your reply
Tanya

Tanya,

The first thing I would try doing is run software updates and get to the latest version for leopard, which is 10.5.8. To run software update go to the apple in the upper left hand and click on software update.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Kyle. I've done that and just uploaded some photos (which i couldnt do before as the internet connection dropped) successfully. So it all looks to be in order! Thanks v much for your help. Regards Tanya
Glad to hear it.