Kyle Brockman
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience:  5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.

After years of frustration with PCs and yet another hard drive

After years of frustration with PCs and yet another hard drive crash I went into the Apple store yesterday and bought a 21.5 iMac and a Macbook (the basic one). Once I got them home I realized that the Macbook didn't have an SD Card slot and I would like to know:

a. Can I hook a Canon Digital Rebel (10 mb) up directly to the computer to upload my photos to the Macbook or should I just pay the additional $200 and upgrade to the Macbook Pro (haven't opened the box yet).

b. Can I sync my iMac and Macbook or do I need Mobile Me to do that?

Thanks!

Kitty
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kyle Brockman replied 4 years ago.
Hello, MobileMe will make it easy to sync your address book and calendar. There is another way to sync this, it can be done with google's sync service, www.google.com/sync. You can have your address book sync with your gmail account, and you can have ical access your google calendar. As for the SD card slot you don't need one, as long as your camera can connect via USB. Or you can pick up a SD to usb card converter, they are about $30.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I use AOL (yeah yeah I know but I'm in PR and have been using this email address for years and years and won't give it up) so mostly I want to be able to sync files from iWork and photos so would MobileMe make more sense or will google sync do the job? Sorry but I'm SO not a techie person do dumb down your answer for me a bit LOL
If your going to need online storage MobileMe would be good for that. They give you 20GB, but you might also what you look at www.dropbox.com, I use that. They have 2GB storage that syncs with between computers and to there online storage location.
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience: 5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.