Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My desk top is suddenly larger than my monitor. How can I

My desk top is suddenly larger than my monitor. How can I get it back to normal

Bill Montague
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

Does the screen moves when you move the mouse ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes it moves when I move the mouse.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This has never happened before. I spoke to my local Apple dealer and he has not heard of such a problem.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
You somehow activated the Zoom function, you can disable it.

Command (Apple) + Option + Minus key "-" to decrease the zoom or Press Command + Option + 8 to turn off the zoom.

You can also turn off the zoom by going to Apple Menu > System Preferences > Universal Access. Under "Seeing" tab, turn off the zoom

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I went to Seeing and Zoom is already turned off! Now what? Thank you, Bill
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Did you tried the short cut Command + Option + 8 ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I just tried Command + Option - 8 and turned off Zoom but the problem still exists. Do I need to restart my computer? Bill
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Yes, do a restart'.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My desk top is larger than my monitor. This happened all of a sudden. I tried turning off the Zoom but nothing happened. Do I need to restart my computer? Bill
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My original problem still has not been solved. My desk top is larger than my monitor. How do I get it back to normal size. Bill
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Bill, i'm trying to help you to solve your problem. Okay..restart your mac in Safe Mode :

Make sure that the computer is shut down. Press the power button. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key. Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple and progress indicator. Let the Mac boot up...

(only click accept after it worked)

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes Restarting my computer with the Zoom in off solved my problem!

Thank you for all your help. Bill
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Bill, glad that worked. But we're not finished yet. Just do a normal restart again and see if it worked or not.

By the way, thanks for Accepting my answer, bonus and the Positive Feedback.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You are most welcome, Bill Montague
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Thanks !Smile