Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience

Ive recently upgraded to Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and suddenly

I've recently upgraded to Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and suddenly my fonts that I've previously managed with Font Book are going haywire. I've noticed a lot of chatter out there about this problem. Years ago I used Suitcase but didn't upgrade when I moved to Panther. It seemed that Font Book did the trick.

Can all of the font issues with Snow Leopard be solved by using a 3rd party software and if so, which do you recommend?

I'd love to help, but I need a little information first. Can you be more specific about the issue? Exactly what's happening with your fonts?

Let me know and we'll get this sorted.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My helvetica fonts didn't show up when I loaded them. Then when I attempted various things such as eliminating duplicated fonts in Font Book, etc., it did'nt really do anything for me. Now practically none of my fonts show up in my apps like Quark Xpress, Adobe Illustrator, etc., at least none of my post script type 1 fonts anyway.
First, try using Smasher (get it here to resolve the issue and correct your fonts. That's what has worked for most people. If it doesn't help, let me know and we'll try something else.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I'll sure give this a try right now. I hope it works. I'll be right back to you.
Sounds good, just let me know.