Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Ashik only CS3 Indesign question. Sometimes a word will go

Ashik only: CS3 Indesign question. Sometimes a word will go to the next line/column even though there is ample room to stay where it was. For example, the word "and" will push to the next line even if I track in -50 or -100. There is no hard or soft return, and hyphenation is turned on. There are no hard spaces keeping words together. Any ideas?
Is this is a new problem ?

Are you using Single-line composer ?

Edited by Ashik on 4/2/2010 at 2:56 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It's a very occasional problem, and I can't figure out why it occurs. Seems random, although I'm sure it isn't. I usually do use single-line composer.
Have you tried Paragraph Composer ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'll try that and let you know. Thank you, Ashik~
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I cannot give you an answer until later today. I'll let you know as soon as I can. Thank you.
Mary
Okay..please let me know if that works or not. Good Luck with it !
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That does solve the problem in one way, because the word no longer appears in the same place and nothing is "forced" to a new line unnecessarily. It's more of a workaround, though, because the problem here is in flap copy on the jacket of a book that's ready to go to the printer, and the line breaks were already approved. I have to go back to the client and ask them to approve the new line breaks, which I'm sure they won't mind, but I'm still curious why it happens in the first place.
Is this just a bug with single line composer?
I don't think its a bug. Some times Single link composer won't work in some cases but Paragraph composer works at the place and vice versa. So both composers are necessary..

Best Regards,
Thanks so much for Accepting my answer, bonus and the Positive Feedback. Greatly Appreciated !Smile

Just go to www.ashik.me to ask me directly, next time !Laughing

Have a great day !