Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience
27955634

Morning, Im a new Mac user trying to switch from PC platform.

Customer Question

Morning,
I'm a new Mac user trying to switch from PC platform. Running a IMac with OS 10.6.2 Intel. We use PCs at work with Adobe Reader except in our Creative dept. that use Macs. I've loaded forms that have to be filled in but I keep getting message that form can not be saved. My version of Reader is 9.0. Can you help so I can save these forms once filled in. I have no trouble on the PC.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

Have you tried opening the file in Preview (located in your Applications folder)? Try that and let me know what happens.

What is the error message saying exactly when it doesn't save?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Jesse, this does allow me to save and print out but when emailed to Windows users they can't see info and form appears blank. I don't believe they have access to Preview under Windows.

The message when you bring up the PDF form to fill out it reads: "Please fill out the following form. You cannot save data typed into this form. Please print your completed form if you would like a copy for your records."
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.
That's probably because they want you to purchase Adobe Acrobat, not just use the reader, in order to save those files.

Have you tried using the Create PDF feature from the PDF menu? Open a document in Acrobat, make some changes, and then choose Print from the File menu. At that screen, you should see an option in the lower left corner that says PDF.

From there, you can save the file as a PDF, rather than print it out. Let me know if that works or not.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Get a "Saving a PDF file when printing is not support. Instead save > file. I won't be able to try anymore fixes until next week.
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.
Okay, just let me know what you need.