Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I am getting disconnects from from my Early 2009 Apple TimeCapsule

I am getting disconnects from from my "Early 2009" Apple TimeCapsule 2 TB dual band running 802.11N wireless. Running most recent SW/FW as of today (and made no diff using the last version; upgraded via SW update just yesterday; problem has been occurring mostly since Snow Leopard was installed...). My connection to the net just dies, and Airport Utility will not see the TimeCapsule or the extended AirportExpress. but I can get it to come alive again by turning Airport off and on again. This occurs mostly when I'm doing larger downloads (I have 3 different machines on or off at times). No connections to any one machine. I grabbed an item from the Airport Utility Log that seems to correspond to when the system drops off line: "Binding Expired for UDP to" I figure the address may vary, but the expiration corresponded directly with the wireless disconnect... Anyone know how to fix?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
I would try using static IP addresses not DHCP and see if it still happens