VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ and Network+ with more than 18 years in the IT field. Have worked on MAC's since I was 16.

my new iphone gs is not connecting to my pc, at first it said

my new iphone gs is not connecting to my pc, at first it said the hardware was unknown to windows xp and asked me to continue anyway or stop and contact the manufacturer. i should of continued anyway but hesitated and clicked stop and now the computer wont recognise the iphone wen connected which is preventing me from uploading all my music please help?
Please uninstall the iPhone form you System. Go to Control Panel> System> Device Manager. Then open the USB devices and just uninstall all of them. Then reboot. After the Reboot, just reinstall everything. That should be it.

Let me know if more assistance is needed.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
will that uninstall my itunes library on my computer? the computer doesnt read my iphone see
Oh, nope just the App, but wait. Do not uninstall the iTunes, just go the device manager and uninstall the Phone in the USB ports.