Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Hi I have an apple emac and I am trying to find the system

Hi I have an apple emac and I am trying to find the system preferences folder which doesn't open from the apple drop down menu. The words 'system preferences'are there but there is no arrow to take you any further. The only system preferences I can find opens will excel.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

Goto Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities folder and can you System Preferences in there ?

Did you search System Preferences ?

What version of Mac OS X are you using ? (Click on the Apple icon and select "About This Mac")
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
checking n ow
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No it is not in utilities
okay..What version of Mac OS X are you using ? (Click on the Apple icon and select "About This Mac")

Do you have the Mac OS X installation disks ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No I don't have the discs for this version because I had it updated by a mac company a few years ago and they just did the update. I have recently cloned this computer to another mac so that I could use wireless broadband.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do you need any other information
I think the System Preference application got deleted somehow and need to be reinstalled.
So, anyway to get the disks ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have some disks but they are for version 10.4.4 - what will that do if I install them. My computer is actually working ok. The one I cloned has the wrong date and that is apparently causing a problem with the wireless broadband. However, that needs system 10.4.11 to run wireless broadband
That disks will do the trick, do you have them with you now ?

And i'm going out now, will be back in 40 minutes. Its very urgent, thanks for your patience !
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm back, You can reinstall System Preferences from your installation disks with this small utility Pacifist. Pacifist will let you to install selected software from disks.

Download Pacifist (Just download the trial version) and Installation Guide

(only click accept after it worked)

Best Regards,