loadedmind
loadedmind, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Several years experience as consultant, corporate I.T. & sysadmin.
24048999

how do i find the atc3k driver for mac

Customer Question

how do i find the atc3k driver for mac. oregon scientitic device. Anything that will work with this device. Thank you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  loadedmind replied 7 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer.com - I'm John. When you can, please provide the version of OS X you're using. To obtain this information, click on the
Apple icon at top left, then choose About This Mac from the menu. The numbers to
the right of Version is what I'm looking for.

Can you please explain what happens when you plug the device into the Mac?

Regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry mac ox 6.3

Regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry the device is oregon scientitic and i have a macbook and i want to know if it work together. I thought it might need the driver for it.
Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me. The default USB drivers that come native to the Mac "should" be able to automatically provide functionality for your device. I say "should" because there's always that outside chance that sufficient driver compatibility is, well, insufficient. Please plug the device into the Mac and tell me what happens when convenient.

Regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
nothing happen but when i turn the camera button on it show "F" on the camera screen.
After you've connected the cam to the Mac, open Finder and tell me whether you see the device at the top left. Please ensure you have a memory card in the cam at the time you connect it to the Mac. Also, you should be able to open iPhoto and transfer the images from the cam into iPhoto. Please try this and let me know your results when convenient.

Regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no i don't see anything at all
And in iPhoto?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
now it open the iphoto
So you can see the data from the cam in iPhoto?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i think so but i'm still working on the camera function.
Do you have iMovie? Do you have video recorded on the cam? If so, try opening iMovie and seeing if you can pull the movie data off the cam onto iMovie.

Regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
can it work as a wirelessly
No, it doesn't appear to have that functionality. Does it work in iMovie?

Regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry getting late now could i let you know by tomorrow. thank you so much. you have a wonder night.
Ok, fair enough. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Just as a reminder, please let me know whether the cam's video can be sent to iMovie. If it can, we'll go ahead and close the request, I'll provide you with the Accept button which states you accept my help and we'll go from there. You have a good night as well.

Regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you
So, how's it coming?

Regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hi there. this is what happen plugging the usb with the camera and the image app pop. under the device it said a massstorage
Ok, that means it is working. Have you tried pulling data off of the cam?

Regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes i could delete it
Ok, so it looks lik everything is working for you. I'll go ahead and close the request and provide you with the Accept button if ths meets with your approval.

Regards,