Kyle Brockman
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience:  5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.
33372540

i got a touch a month or so ago, maybe two. I got a new netbook

Customer Question

i got a touch a month or so ago, maybe two. I got a new netbook computer. How do i get my account and downloads onto this computer, so i can sync etc.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kyle Brockman replied 6 years ago.
If you bought your songs off of itunes you will be able to pull them off your ipod touch on the netbook. If you didn't then you will need to copy the itunes music folder to your netbook, based on how big the library is, will determine how you move it. First thing to do it in itunes on your other computer go to file and click on Library, then click on organize library. A window will come up click the check box next to consolidate files, then click ok. This will put copies of your music into the itunes music folder. After it's done, you will find all your songs in my documents, in the my music folder. There will be a folder in there called itunes. Right click the folder then click on properties. It will find the size of the folder and display it. If it's bigger then 4GB you will need copying via an external drive or other large storage device. If it's 4GB or less you can burn it to a dvd. Then you just need to move that itunes folder in place of the one that is on the netbook. (my documents > My music) If you have anymore questions about this please let me know.
Did this information help?