Kyle Brockman
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience:  5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.
33372540

I recently purchased an I-Mac and an HP photosmart C4780 printer

Customer Question

I recently purchased an I-Mac and an HP photosmart C4780 printer from my local apple store. The assured me that all I had to do was plug the printer in and it would automatically find my wireless computer and work wirelessly. That has not been the case. I can print fine if I run a cable from the I-mac to the printer, but it will not work wirelessly. Can you help? Thanks. Jim
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kyle Brockman replied 7 years ago.
Jim,

You will need to install the software that came with the printer. You will then need to run the setup program that will configure the printer to connect to the wireless network.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Kyle,
I did that but I couldn't get it to work wirelessly. Is it possible to re-load the software that came with the printer?
Jim
You can but you shouldn't need to. You might just need to re-add the printer. Did you run through a setup process to tell you printer about your wireless network?