MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

How do I get rid of MobileMe It has taken over my Mac mail,

Customer Question

How do I get rid of MobileMe ? It has taken over my Mac mail, keeps asking for a password. I want nothing to do with a program that costs over $100.00 and continually crashes, or quits. (I had it on my old Mac)
Whatsmore it is only the mail part of MobileMe that I would use.
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac.
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• If you want to cancel the MobileMe service, here is Apple's guide on what you need to do:

Canceling your MobileMe subscription

• You can also go to this support page for MobileMe, select Account & Billing tab and click Cancel and you will be guided with the steps to cancel your account.

MobileMe Support

If you have any more questions, regarding your technical issue, please feel free to reply to this post as I am always ready to assist. Thank you!

Regards,

-Terry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
THIS IS OF NO HELP. I HAVE NO AGREEMENT WITH MOBILEME ON THIS NEW COMPUTER. THEY ARE ASKING ME TO SIGN IN AND ACTIVATE MOBILEME.
AND IT HAS CORRUPTED MY MAC MAIL ACCOUNT. I WANT TO USE THE LATTER IF POSSIBLE, BUT NOT ON A MOBILEME FRAME . WHEN ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS MAIL, IT REQUIRES A PASSWORD, AND OTHER TIMES WANTS ME TO SIGN UP WITH THE DAMN THING.

I WANT NO PART OF MOBILEME ! OR ENTOURAGE ! LOUSY PROGRAMS THAT CONTINUALLY QUIT OR CRASHED ON MY OLD COMPUTER (AT $100.00 A YEAR, BY THE WAY)
SO HOW DO I RECOVER MY ORIGINAL MAC MAIL THAT WAS WORKING JUST FINE UNTIL THIS SUDDENLY STARTED ?
Its ok, not to worry, I am only able to provide answers based on the structuring of the questions presented. If I misconstrued what you were seeking, I do apologize. I got the impression that you had the application by the way you stated: "I want nothing to do with a program that costs over $100.00 and continually crashes, or quits"

Mac Mail is MobileMe. It was once .Mac but has since been changed to MobileMe.

As a result, if you were on a trial account with a .Mac/MobileMe account and that trial has ended, that is the only reason why you would keep getting the activation notice offering you to sign up with MobileMe as the actual paid subscription cloud computing service it is (email, virtual hard drive, backup software applications and more).

* Now I need you to work with me on this so I can better assist you. First, if you would not mind placing all caps, that would be very helpful to me for my eyes and to not overlook anything you are typing.

* Second, I need clarity from you, as to if when you are referring to "Mac Mail" if in fact, you are referring to the .Mac mail account you have been using before this activation notices started popping up. I ask this because there is a built-in "Mac OS X Mail" application which allows emails to be set up and used in that application.

* Lastly, I would like to know, if in fact you are referring to a .Mac email account, would you would like me to help you remove the entire service from your Mac, so you can be clear of these popups?

Thanks in advance for your reply, I will be looking forward to further assisting you upon reception of your next update.

Regards,

-Terry

Edited by MacTechTrainer on 4/2/2010 at 12:33 AM EST