Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

The four preset buttons on the bottom are no longer working.

Customer Question

The four preset buttons on the bottom are no longer working. I have bought a new iPhone and wanted to use my old one as an iPod. No matter what I do the bottom four buttons do not activate for some reason. Is there a way to move these up on the big display screen? Otherwise this piece of technology is no good.
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for asking your question,
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could you provide me with the following information, so I can better assist you with your technical question:

• What version of iPhone OS are you currently using?
• Since experiencing this issue, have you been able to still sync your iPhone with iTunes?

Your answers to the questions I have submitted, will allow me to work with more detailed information, in order to effectively answer your question.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

Regards,

-Terry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Terry,

The cell phone is model MA712LL I don't know about OS. Yes it still syncs. When holding the phone vertical, top up, than the four buttons on bottom do not work. When I use the calculator, for example, in vertical position I cannot use the 0, ., or the = buttons. When I hold the calulator horizontal, widescreen with the ear piece to the left,, than i cannot use the =, +, -, x, or mr buttons. when i turn it over with the mouth piece on the left than i cannot use the deg, sinh, sin, x!, 1/x, or 2nd buttons. I have bought a new iPhone and was going to use my old one as an iPod but the music button on the bottom row will no longer activate my music. Is there a way to move that button to the middle of the display screen, or have the display screen rotate when looking at it on widescreen?

Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 4 years ago.
You can try double clicking the home button and taping the play button from there , but other than that There isnt any way to change the iphones controls. Your issue is the one of the three touch sensors on the iphone has died and needs to be replaced just a FYI.