Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am working in CS4 and my links check out fine - none broken

Customer Question

I am working in CS4 and my links check out fine - none broken - yet when I go to live view it questions and does not display my new images - these are revised and added images since I first uploaded the site to host server. I don't want to upload revised html pages to site and have same - thanks. (I'm new at this)
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
What program in CS 4?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dreamweaver CS4

All new revisions to site pages (images in tables with links) do not appear in Live view or web browser preview - yet appear in Design view and when links are checked all are said to be fine. Existing, unchanged images appear and operate fine. I do not want to upload revisions to site unless I am sure they are working. A question mark and alternate text appears where the image should. Images are in the site file - some in image folder others in sub- folders which worked before.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Are you using PHP on the site?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Try making absolute links, like http://yurdomain/images/????. I have to step away for about an hour but I will check for your message when I return.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't think the links are the problem - I can't even go there since the image isn't proper in the browesr to test - it seems to be an image problem to this specific site - for testers I placed "old" working images in table column where I was placing the new image and now they don't work - it seems anything new on this site with images placing/replacing is not working - newly added css text is fine tho in the same table. BTW - the said table is contained within a drawn div within in an overall div container for whole page. The site in question is www.seongmiseol.com - I have been attempting to add new images and replace some to the page within the existing table and also move some of the existing images (with links) to other table position to allow for changes and additional html page links. Nothing new has been "put" so the existing site is working fine the way it is suppose to. Just want to update it.

I have tried other sites I have done with same application of "changing image with new" and all works fine.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Have you highlighted your whole site folder and click on synchronize.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
I’ll tell you one thing your images are way to big to be serving on the web. You don’t need 300 DPI images, that is why it loads so slow. No one has a 300 DPI monitor.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry I was called away - and could not reply right back. I will check and/or change images to lower res - per your suggestion -
re: my original question - yes, I thought perhaps it needed to be sychronized too but was afraid to do it - if I do - will it replace everything on the server - and make it active - I do not want the revised site that to me appears not to have the images/links to be uploaded - when we have a decent working one without the revisions . . . again, I am new at this. Thanks.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Well it would be best to have a test site but if you don‘t you have no option but to try it