Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

cant get my HP OfficeJet Pro 8500n to scan photos to MAC OS

Customer Question

can't get my HP OfficeJet Pro 8500n to scan photos to MAC OS 10.6.2
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
This scanner has scanned photos in the past?
When you downloaded the new drivers they were for 10.6.2, correct? Apple just released an update to 10.6.3 and may have an updated driver for you.
However, in the meantime, I suggest uninstalling the HP scanning software and then reinstalling it.
Most times this will clear up the problem.
Let me know please.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I downloaded OS 10.6.3 , Still couldn't scan from HP to IMAC. Dialog box for HP Scan Pro sayes "Error - sorry , an unkonw error occured. This all-in-one is four months old and I have never tried scanning until yesterday. Your advice did not solve the problem.
Please give me something else to try.

Thanks,

Bruce
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Please give me something else to try.

Thanks,

Bruce

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Okay Bruce, their couple more things that you probably need to do.
One is to repair the permissions with Disk Utility found in Applications/Utilities.
Looks like this.
graphic
After you do this quit disk utility, logout and log back in.
Try it now. Let me know.