Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

I have a large (68 page 5 x 8 1/2) Pagemaker 7.0 file that

Customer Question

I have a large (68 page 5 x 8 1/2) Pagemaker 7.0 file that was created on an older Mac running OS 9. There are also a bunch of Photoshop .eps files there as well.

Two questions:

1) I have Adobe InDesign CS 4 loaded on a MAC 1.6 Intel Core 2 Duo. When I move the files over, the Pagemaker master fie won't open and some of the Photoshop files which open as EPS on the older Mac show as UNIX files when I try to open them on the newer MAc with Snow Leopard (10.6.2). How do I get all these files to properly transfer and/or open in CS4 on the newer Mac?

2) Further, my goal is to get these files to open in my new graphic artist's environment, which is Windows running CS3. How do I get these files to open on his computer? They currently just come across as math gibberish or code chains.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 4 years ago.
Hi there,

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to assist you.

You should be able to open the Pagemaker 7 document by first opening InDesign and using the File > Open command. It should be able to convert it to be used by InDesign. For your graphic artist to use it, just use File > Save As and make sure InDesign CS4 Document is chosen. Don't worry that it says CS4, your artist will be able to open it in CS2.

As far as the EPS documents, you'll need to do the same thing in Photoshop. Use File > Open and select your EPS files. Make sure you change the "Format" option to "Photoshop EPS" before opening them. See the screenshots below.

graphic

graphic

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Brandon