Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Three times I have connected my iTouch to my computer. The

Customer Question

Three times I have connected my iTouch to my computer. The screen indicated each time and at the top you could see about 14oo songs being downloaded and you coul see the GB increasing ay the boyyom, Now when it tells me it is alright to disconnect there is no music in my i Pod. Why?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Are you sure you have selected either all Music or your selections in the Music tab when you highlight you iPod in iTunes?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes I did click on the music tab and waited about 20 minutes as circa fifteen hundred tunes were downloaded. Did this twice.
300 pictures, address book, applications downloaded fine and it is a 32GB iTouch with a lot of room left. Am perplexed!
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
In the Music tab are you selecting all music?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Mike,

It is now 6:00 pm here in St. Pete, FL. I have to join the family for dinner. Please excuse me and I'll be beack at my computer in about 45 minutes and hopefully we can solve this problem

Thanks,

Gerry
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
If you have run Software Update and everything is up to date and it is still happening, I would recommend you do a Restore in iTunes. I also have to step away for abpout that long, what a coincidense.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
8:10pm

Mike.

Sorry but I was detained and just got back.Just how do I do restore in iTunes?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You suggested restore in iTunes. Just how do I do that?
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Sorry if you plug it in and open iTunes you will see it on the Summary tab. Restore it will backup the iPod and Restore to factory setting then it will replace all that with your backup.