MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

I can not print wirelessly to my Lexmark 6570 with my Mac Book

I can not print wirelessly to my Lexmark 6570 with my Mac Book Intel running OSX 10.6. I can print with my G4 Mac Book running 10.5. I have unistalled and downloaded the most recent Lexmark installer to no avail.
Hello, and thank you for asking your question,
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could you provide me with the following information, so I can better assist you with your technical question:

In regards XXXXX XXXXX updated driver, did you download that from lexmark's website and did was that driver file displayed as "6500 Series Web Installer.dmg"? • How are you connected in regards XXXXX XXXXX network? Are you using an Airport Extreme or Express base station or a 3rd party (non-Apple branded) modem/router?

• Who is your current ISP (Internet Service Provider)?

Your answers to the questions I have submitted, will allow me to work with more detailed information, in order to effectively answer your question.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

Regards,

-Terry
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes I downloaded the 6500 series web installer.dmg.
I am connected through ATT Uverse wireless router.
ISP obviously ATT.

Thanks

Greg

No worries Greg and thanks for your reply.

Now one more thing I need to know- is your Lexmark 6570 connected to the AT&T Uverse wireless router or to one of your Macs?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is connected wirelessly to the router at 192.168.1.100. I can reach it via browser too!

Greg
Thanks Greg.

Now here is something I need you to try on your Macbook with 10.6 Snow Leopard

• First, make sure Snow Leopard on your Macbook is updated to the current version, Mac OS X 10.6.3.

• Once you have performed that update (if you don't have the 10.6.3 update), then click on your Apple menu icon and select System Preferences >Print and Fax

Just as the example screen shot as I am displaying here, you should be able to see
your printer displayed in this window. If you do not, then let me know.

graphic

I think I may have a work around to help, if you don't see the printer in the print and fax window. So I will await your reply.

-Regards,

-Terry

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Terry

I can see the icon of the printer in the window.
Thanks Greg.

Now when you attempt to print, let's say from a web page or a document, do you also see the name of that printer appear as your default printer when you are selecting the printer to print?

Thanks for your patience, whatever your answer is here, I will provide that workaround, because this seems like a similar situation I had with one of my Macs in my own network.

Watching for your next post.

-Terry
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes the name appears as my default printer.
Also I do have 10.6.3 snow leopard.
Thanks for your reply Greg.

Try this
Go into System Preferences Print & Fax
Remove the current Lexmark Printer and then re-add it.
Make sure you see Bonjour Shared when you are adding the Lexmark back and of course, make sure it is the Lexmark printer on the network you see.
Once you add it then attempt to print once again.

If this does not work, repeat the procedure as listed above, except
Do not delete that printer, instead, click the IP tab and fill in that window like this:

graphic

Under Print Using: Keep the Generic PostScript Printer there and click the Add button.
Once this has been added, now close out of System Preferences and attempt to print using the IP address of the router as you have just set up, when you make your printer selection.

Let me know if one of these procedures helps. If not, then reply back to me as soon as you are able.

Thanks again for your patience!

Regards,

-Terry
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That printer did not show up on the Bonjour list.
I tried the manual method but I got That printer at 192.168.1.100 is busy....

Greg