Ask Scott, The Computer Man Your Own Ques...

Scott, The Computer Man
Scott, The Computer Man, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years providing expert technical support on all Mac computer systems, for major institutions

When I sync my i-phone to my computer I get a message that

When I sync my i-phone to my computer I get a message that says I need to upgrade my itunes from 8.4 but every time I try to run the update it fails. What am I doing wrong and how can I upgrade my itunes?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Scott, The Computer Man replied 6 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd like to help you with your iTunes problem, but I do need a little more information. You said you tried the "usual upgrade prompts" does this mean when iTunes says a new update is available you agree to upgrade? Have you tried upgrading any other ways such as using Apple Software Update or downloading iTunes directly? Let me know and we can proceed from there. Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, when I tunes says a new update is available I have followed the prompts for the upgrade. I have not tried downloading the upgrade from Apple or iTunes directly. It sounds like I should try that next?

Yes I think that should be the next thing to try, as when you install it there might be an error message that is thrown which will point us in the right direction, or it might install without a problem.

Here is the link to download iTunes direct from Apple. This is a link for iTunes 9.1 which is the latest version.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and don't forget to press the green "Accept Answer" button so that I may be paid for my service. Thanks.