Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I have a canon 4400f scanner and a Mac Pro with OS 10.6.3.

I have a canon 4400f scanner and a Mac Pro with OS 10.6.3. The scanner only will scan 1 sheet per boot of the computer. when trying to scan a second PDF it will "communication error". Please help Im very frustrated!
Hello, my name is Dan.
Can you tell me how you originally set the scanner up with the drivers? I mean the steps you went through to make it work to begin with.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't remember, I'm not sure what you mean? When I purchased the scanner I believe the Mac OS recognized it and I was able to scan with no problems at all. In the past few months I haven't be able to scan more then one page per boot from the computer.
Okay,That makes sense.
I would suggest going to System Preferences/Print & Fax and resetting the print system by right clicking in the printer list and selecting Reset Print System.
What this does is reset it, now you have to add it back in by clicking the + at the bottom of that list window.
This also reconnects the scanner along with the printer.
This usually works but once in a while somebody finds something that doesn't want to cooperate.
Try that and let me know.