Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

the sound in my IMovie does not work . WHile trying to record

Customer Question

the sound in my IMovie does not work . WHile trying to record live, there is no sound. Can you please assist?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
Can you tell me what version of iMovie you are using? And what version of Mac OS X. do you?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Dan. The system is quite new: OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), iMovie '09 (v 8.05)
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
In the iMovie preferences click on the Show Advanced Features like it shows in the image.
Then click on the microphone icon and it will open an inspector box where you can turn the gain up so the microphone actually picks up what you're saying..
Try that and let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks for trying, but that ain't it. "Advanced Tools" doesn't affect the microphone icon, it's there already. Moreover, the microphone icon is for "voice over" it doesn't cause built-in camera capture to capture audio with the built-in mic at the same time.