Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

Can I burn a dvd of an imovie I have created a project in

Can I burn a dvd of an imovie? I have created a project in imovie and do not want to export it to idvd just want to burn it. no videos was used in the imovie.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
Do you mean you want to save the raw footage or just the data that you did in iMovie and not make it into an iDVD movie?
The whole point of iMovie is to make movies but that does not mean that you can't save the file is just a file as opposed to making it into a DVD.
If you could expand a little bit on what it is you are trying to do I can give you a better answer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thx Dan. My name isXXXXX wanted to create a 4 min iMovie using only still photos because I wanted to use the cool transitions, titles etc. I thought I could then take the iMovie project and just burn it to a dvd. I thought I had actually done this before but perhaps I've forgotten exactly what I did. So now I have a project in iMovie that I want to burn to a dvd so I can play it for a large group. Its a travelog of the Taj Mahal. I thought QuickTime might be the answer but so far no luck. Does this help?
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Yes, indeed it does help. IDVD is what you want.
The reason is it puts it into a format that any DVD player can use to play to any type of Television or Projector.
There is a way to use QuickTime to burn it but it won't be playable on anything but a computer that can run QuickTime movies.
Since you are going to be playing it to a large group iDVD is the way to go.
I speak from experience as I have made many a movie in iMovie of many different genres, from school events to weddings to documentaries and travel logs plus lots of other stuff.
iDVD will make it quite easy to do and if you run into problems using help menu or ask me.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
But Dan, I've already done all the work. How can I get it into idvd and keep all my transitions & titles?
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Now I see your problem, which isn't a problem. All of your transitions titles etc go with your movie to iDVD, you lose nothing.
What iDVD does is polish it and compress it so that it plays correctly on the DVD player.
Even though you have a short movie it still compresses it because that is how it all works.
Trust me on this I do it all the time, I have make short movies long movies some with chapter markers some with transitions and chapters all the bells and whistles and it all goes to iDVD.
This Apple support site has lots and lots of information about iDVD what it does and doesn't do plus tutorials. It also Can help you get it from my movie to iDVD and will calm your fears.
Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.