Ask Scott, The Computer Man Your Own Ques...

Scott, The Computer Man
Scott, The Computer Man, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years providing expert technical support on all Mac computer systems, for major institutions

I am using an OSX 10.5.8 MacBook. It is about a year old. It

Customer Question

I am using an OSX 10.5.8 MacBook. It is about a year old. It has been working great, but recently a little glitch has occurred. When the computer has been in sleep mode overnight or for several hours, I cannot connect to the internet unless I restart the computer. That happens every day - for the past week. We have another Apple in the house and it works just fine. It almost seems like I need to reset something, but I am not computer literate and don't know where to begin.
Thanks for your help,
Category: Mac
Expert:  Scott, The Computer Man replied 6 years ago.

Hello Linda,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd like to help you with your network sleep issue. As I understand it when you wake up your computer from sleep mode for a long time it has trouble reconnecting to the wireless network.

This is a common problem, but it can have many different causes. We know it's not your router because you said that other machines on your network don't seem to have this problem. So the issue is with your computer.

Below is a link to website with a procedure I'd like you to try, many people seem to have had good success with this resolving their issue. Let me know how you make out, and please don't forget to push the green "Accept Answer" button so that I may be paid for my service. Thanks.