Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Yesterday, my Macbook, whenever I opened my IGoogle homepage

Yesterday, my Macbook, whenever I opened my IGoogle homepage, went to a message saying something about Malware and I believe a reference to miniportale.com. We ran ClamX and it didn't find anything. Also, a message I sent from gmail on my blackberry showed a strange recipient, and someone said all my emails to him were sent to his spam folder yesterday. (This is someone I email on a very regular basis.) Is there a virus scan I should download and run to see if it was a fake alert or a real one?

I can forward you the Google diagnostic page as well, when I get you email. I am not getting the same message this morning.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

Actually Macs only have a small number of viruses (1 out of 100) and they won't affect your Mac if you do regular software update. You said you got this message while browsing internet, that means it is just a advertisement and you don't have to worry about it. These advertisements are for PC's and advertisers want you to buy their applcaitions. What i'm saying is you don't need any Anti Virus Program....ClamX is a good AntiVirus application, since it shows nothing its a fake message...

And i don't know about the email, may be he reported (accidentally) your email as Scam, thats why it drops on Scam folder. Did you tried send email from your Mac ?

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc