Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

mac help - i need to ask about creative suite my mac keeps

Customer Question

mac help - i need to ask about creative suite
my mac keeps saying its corrupted and to reinstall
do i need to uninstall first and if so will i lose my files?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

Which version of Creative Suite is this ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
standard 2 with gold leaves on front
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Is it Adobe Creative Suite CS2 ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
We can try to reinstall it without uninstalling it first. And No, you won't lose any of your files.

(only click accept after it worked)

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
will it over write the old one? Im not going to accept your answer till i try it ok
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Yes, it overwrite your existing old damaged files with new files, but it won't affect your saved CS2 work files. Only accept after you try it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ashik
ive tried to install and it wont let me. says i must uninstall first
do i have to back up all my artwork?
this is making me very nervous and I cant get to any thing right now.
please help.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
No need to save your artwork, since you're nervous backup it first.

Now follow these steps in here to Manually remove Adobe CS2
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for Accepting my answer, bonus and the Positive Feedback. Let me know if that works or not. If not, i'll continue to help you.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well I got all excited for nothing. I can now open my files but I cannot open or run the creative suite. I was reading something where they mentioned "activating" CS2 programs. Im wondering if its that easy? :D

Can u help? I need these files to go out tomorrow! Cyndi
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Did you installed creative suite ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
There is a chance that the problem is related to your current user account..So we can try to create new account and see if that helps.

Create new user Account
  • Click on the Apple menu and choose System Preferences, and click Accounts.
  • If some settings are dimmed, click the lock icon and type your administrator name and password.
  • Click the Add (+) button, located below the list of accounts, to create a new account.
  • Select a type of account from the New Account pop-up menu.
  • Now you can see some types of accounts in there; Administrator,Standard,Managed with Parental Controls, Sharing Only etc
  • Choose Administrator from it.
  • Enter a name for the account
  • Type the user’s password XXXXX the Password and Verify fields.
  • Click Create Account.
  • Now restart your Mac and log-in with that account.
  • Try Creative Suite 2

If it worked, you can copy your old account's files into new account.
So goto Macintosh HD/Users/[youroldaccount]/ and copy all important files like Pictures, iTunes music, Documents and everything except Library folder into Macintosh HD/Users/[yournewaccount/.

(no need to accept)

Best Regards,