Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

changed admin name now my old stuff is gone, how do i go back

Customer Question

changed admin name now my old stuff is gone, how do i go back to the way it was?
Category: Mac
Expert:  loadedmind replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm John. As I and other Experts work on your question, it
would help to know the following:

* What version of OS X are you using? To obtain this information, click on the
Apple icon at top left, then choose About This Mac from the menu. The numbers to
the right of Version is what I'm looking for.
* If you open Finder and double-click Macintosh, then the Users directory, what all directories do you see in the Users directory? What is the name of the admin account you're trying to find? Can you see this name on a folder within the Users directory anywhere?

Thank you for trusting us with your question. Answering these questions will help us help you more effectively and will ensure a quality solution for you so please be as thorough and descriptive as possible.

Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
10.4.11 In users i see the old folders, they have a red circle with white line through them. When I get info on them I see they were created in 2005. Also Ownership and permission: No Access. Owner unknown and locked. My hard drive is 500 gigs, after change it read 87 left, which was how old mac was. So i know files are in here i just cant open them
Ok, thanks for the information. If you will, please right-click on the folder and left-click Get Info. At the bottom right of the new window that appears, click the lock icon and type in your password XXXXX unlock. You will see a section called Sharing & Permissions, also at the bottom. In the list of usernames, you should see your username at the top under the Name column. On the right, under the Privilege column, you should see something like Read only or Read & Write. I need to know what all this says please.

Thanks and regards,