Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

How to cut outlined text (from Illustrator) out of a photo

Customer Question

How to cut outlined text (from Illustrator) out of a photo in PS, with the cut out area being empty (i.e., transparent), in order to layer on top of another photograph?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Go to the illustrator layer and hit Command/A to select all and then do a Command/C to copy or Command/X to cut. Go to your other photo and do Command/V to paste.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry, you didn't understand my question, so your answer isn't helpful, plus you answered too late and I already figured it out on my own.

Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Well you didn’t explain it very well, which is why no one answered you until I did. Sorry it was late. Glad you figured it out.

Edited by Mike the MacMedic on 4/1/2010 at 5:53 PM EST