Kyle Brockman
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience:  5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.
33372540

i have just bought a ipod nano to listen to on journeys. i

i have just bought a ipod nano to listen to on journeys.
i would like to know how i can get favourite cds onto it. i have never owned one of the gadgets before and do not know how to burn rip etc please help me many thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kyle Brockman replied 4 years ago.
After you use itunes to rip/import the cd, it will put the music files on your hard drive. You will then need to sync your ipod with your library. So when your importing the cds you will not need to have the ipod connected. After you have all your music in the Music Library on your computer, plug in your ipod, it will show up in the left hand side column, click on it then click on the music tab. In there you will need to check sync music, then make sure entire music library is selected.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you,

please advise what te term sync to ipod with the library not very good at this

What syncing means is, that it will copy your music library from your computer to your ipod. This way if anything ever happens to your ipod you still have all your music on your computer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok have synced music library to ipod, but have just tried ipod no music held what am i doing wrong?
On the left hand side of iTunes you should see in gray text library. Under that you will see music. Is there any music in that library. If there isn't try importing a cd and make she it goes into the computers library.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Kyle

think i am doing something wrong, on computer have IPOD(j) on hard drive no word itune or library am i looking in wrong place so to be a pain on a sunday afternoon.

Susan

I just want to make sure of something. Have you downloaded and installed iTunes?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no, was not advised to do so. do you have www address
www.apple.com/itunes
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience: 5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.