Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

On February 10th I bought a new HP Officejet 6000 printer,

Customer Question

On February 10th I bought a new HP Officejet 6000 printer, to use with my MacIntosh OSX (version 10.4.11) computer. At first it worked fine, but after I replaced the black ink cartridge, it no longer prints Microsoft Word documents.
On the other hand, it prints letters from Entourage, files from Filemaker Pro, documents from the Internet, etc. If I convert a Word document to a PDF file, it will print the latter.

Can you suggest a solution?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Try deleting the printer from Print & Fax and then add it in again.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Any luck?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Dear Sir,

I followed your suggestion, but the problem remains. I will try calling the Hewlett Packard help phone to see if they can help.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Dear Sir,

Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
I am in central time US. Just saw your message. If you still want help:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen and tell me the System Version, the Processor and the Memory.