Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Just purchased the HP OfficeJet 6500 E709n All in One Series

Customer Question

Just purchased the HP OfficeJet 6500 E709n All in One Series.
I'm using a MacBook Pro. Followed instructions, connecting via USB before I downloaded the Driver software from HP site. (The CD that came with the printer did not work.)
I configured the fax feature and it passed.
When I hit Print on a Word document, it does not print. When I went through the "HELP" feature on the printer, it says, "Not connected to the computer." It IS connected. Nothing has changed since I configured the fax feature when the computer TALKED to the printer.
What do I have to do for the Printer to recognize that it is connected to my laptop via USB?

The Printer status report says: "NETWORK STATUS: OFFLINE.
I am not on a network. Do I have to disable this feature?

also, when I click on printer icon, it says it's ready. However, all jobs have been stopped. I can't "resume" a job.

I found the HP Office Jet 6500 information and support page that lists supplies status, supply info, device info, etc. One line reads "Printer Status" I click on that and get a "Print a Printer Status Report. I click" Print Page" and it prints the page - a status repport. Then I go to a WORD document to print out and NOTHING. Printer says "not connected to computer."
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
So from what I understand you have downloaded the latest drivers for the printer and installed . Are you trying to print wirelessly? Also send me this info:

Go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen and tell me the System Version, the Processor and the Memory.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I went out and traded the HP in for a Lexmark, so no longer need your help. Thank you. But it was way too frustrating and I didn't know how to email you to cancel your reply.
Thank you. [email protected]
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
OK good luck