Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I have a kingston sdhc/8gb card with quite a few photos on

Customer Question

I have a kingston sdhc/8gb card with quite a few photos on it that all show up on my cannon G11 but when I try and download the card to my MAC nothing happens and it says "communication error" on the camera screen. i cannot lose these photos. what can i do? thanks for your hlep.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 6 years ago.

Can you tell us how you tried to download the card?

Were you using a card reader plugged into your mac or connecting the camera to your Mac?

Can you also tell us what type of card the one you downloaded successfully was?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

the first thing I did was to plug the into the computer and then into the camera, then I turned the camera on by pushing the view images button as noted in the instructions for the camera. the green light flashed for a while but on the camera screen there was a message noting "communication error". I moved the cord to another usb port but got the same result. I tried it with the lock on and and then off but it was the same result.

the successful download was from a 4GB SDHC class 2 card from Micro Center.

my card is a Kingston 8GB SDHC class 4.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
so, I have not heard anything fromyou today and I have been working on the problem and in fact have solved it by using a card reader rather than going through the camera. maybe the 8GB was too much for the wire connecting the camera and computer.

since I have figured this out we need to reconcile what the deal is between us. tell me what your typical deal is. thank you Peter Landon
Expert:  Claws224 replied 6 years ago.

Hi Peter,

I am terribly sorry, I never received notice of your reply to me and was totally unaware you had responded.

As you fixed the issue yourself you have two options, the first is for me to ask for this question to be closed and then you can leave your deposit on the site for next time or I can put in a refund request for you so that your deposit is returned to you.

Please let me know what you prefer.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your help. I will take a refund. However, to be fair, since you did some work, how about if your keep 1/3 and return $12. can you do that? if not I will take the whole thing. I will use Just Answer agian. you have been very professional.

thanks. Pete
Expert:  Claws224 replied 6 years ago.

I will put in your refund request and hopefully next time we will be of more assistance.