Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm

I have installed a new Windows 7 PC this week. Installed iTunes

Customer Question

I have installed a new Windows 7 PC this week. Installed iTunes (, copied my music and photo libraries back on, connected to my Apple TV; but the Apple TV wont synch properly on either v1.0, or the latest ATV version. It works fine on music, video, podcasts - but if I try to synch photos it just sites there saying 'synching'. I have tried turning off all firewalls, and anti-virus. If I reset iTunes to just synch music/video (no photos), reinstall the ATV (this is the only thing that 'releases' it from the never endding 'synch; message), it works again. Retick photos - back to the problem. Anyone have any ideas?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 6 years ago.
Hi there,

Hrm. Sounds like there might be a problem with one or more photos that you are trying to sync (damaged? corrupted?). What I would do is move all your photos out and put only a few in your Pictures folder and try to sync just those and see if it completes. If it does, add a few more and sync again. Keep doing this until it stops syncing again.

You may want to restore the AppleTV so you are starting fresh.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No, thats not the issue. I've found the problem myself (the images were in windows 7's new libraries, which iTunes can see the folder structure but has no access to).

What do we do now, given you didn't have the answer?

Thanks, Martin