Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm

I had to restore my iphone and then when I tired to back it

Customer Question

I had to restore my iphone and then when I tired to back it up, I got a (-32) error, unable to back up. Any ideas??
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 6 years ago.
Hi there,

If you are getting an error -32, iTunes is unable to backup a piece of information on the iPhone (due to corruption or data loss). The only option you have at this point is to restore and use the latest available backup. Unless you changed your default settings, an iPhone backup should've been created on every sync so you might not lose that much. If you turned off iPhone backups, then shame on you.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i get the (-32) error after I restored and tried to back up from the latest sync. It says I can't back up from latest sync......
Did you restore as a new phone or from a previous backup?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My phone worked fine last night, woke up it was dead on the charger...
When pushed both top and front botton and got picture iphone plugged in and itunes icon, then got the message from itunes, i couldn't back up, there was a problem and I need to hit the "restore" option....I did that and phone worked, but all data gone, when tried to get data back by syncing got the (-32) message.