Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience
27955634

All of a sudden, my mail program will not send the mail. It

Customer Question

All of a sudden, my mail program will not send the mail. It just goes to the out box. When I hit send, the document closes and the outbox window opens and the document flashes blue for a split second and then just sits there. I have a macbook pro, X.4.11. I have been using this mail program exclusively for a couple of years with no problems until about 15 minutes ago. The machine says it is connecting just fine to the internet on all 4 of my mailboxes. What could be happening? Kathy
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 4 years ago.
Hello Kathy,

I'd love to help, but I need a little information first. Who is your Internet Service Provider, and what kind of email do you have (e.g. gmail, AOL, yahoo, etc.)? Does any error come up about Mail not being able to send the message? If so, what does it say exactly?

Let me know, and we'll get it sorted.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I use two go daddy accounts and one hosted by 1and 1 and because I have vios, I have a verizon account that I only use by mistake.I don't get an error message. My outgoing mail server is Verizon. Kathy
Expert:  Jesse replied 4 years ago.
The first thing to always try, is recreating one of the accounts that isn't working. To do so, go to the Mail Preferences, and choose the Accounts option. There you can use the small "+" and "-" to add or delete accounts, respectively.

Try setting one up fresh as a test and see if that solves it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I've redone one of the accounts to no avail. I am now, sometimes, getting an error message that says the outgoing server cannot be contacted on port 25.
Expert:  Jesse replied 4 years ago.
Then we may need to change the outgoing port number. I would double check your settings against the ones at this GoDaddy support page. Let me know if that helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how do you change the port number?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I changed the port number to 587 and it doesn't like that either. I had all the settings right on the godaddy support page.
Expert:  Jesse replied 4 years ago.
Then I'm stumped, I'll open the question up for other experts to look at.
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It must me something bigger inside where you have to restart it with some of the keys held down or something. Thank you for trying. Kathy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hey, I'll take it to the Mac repair folks this afternoon and let you know what they say.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I spent an hour and a half at the Mac store. The problem was with the outgoing mail server, verizon, and the set up with them. We did have to erase all of the mailboxes and start over. Thanks again for your help. Kathy