Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience

I cannot get the I Phone Messenger app to log on. I have gotten

Customer Question

I cannot get the I Phone Messenger app to log on. I have gotten the following error message for 2 weeks now: "Unable to login right now. Please try again later". What do I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.

If you haven't, try restarting your phone by holding the Sleep button until you see the "Slide to power off" option come up. Power it off, then hold the sleep button until you see the Apple logo come up on the screen.

If that doesn't help, you may need to delete the app from your phone, and re-download it from the App Store. If it was an App you paid for, you won't be charged for it again. Just click the "Buy" button, and it will ask if you want to download the App, even though you've already downloaded it before.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have additional questions regarding the issue.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The solutions you offered do not work. It was attempted before I contacted you.

Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.
Have you tried restoring the phone in iTunes? If not, do that. If you're sure that you have the latest version of the App, you may need to use the Report Problem button, under the Apps settings, to tell the developer.

Here's a link to a discussion about other users with the same problem.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have D/L the Yahoo messenger app 3 different times all from I tunes. One cannot report the problem to Yahoo without signing on to the app. How's that for a catch-22?
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.
That's no good. I'll go ahead and reopen the question to other Experts since I couldn't solve the problem for you.