Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs

When I launch Apple Mail first I get two (instead of one) viewer

When I launch Apple Mail first I get two (instead of one) viewer windows. Then I immediately get a spinning circle and have to force quit Mail in order to use my Mac. I have installed reinstalled OS X 10.6.2 three times but I still have the same problem. What can I do to get Apple Mail to work properly?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappuccio, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please uninstall the Mail application completely using AppCleaner

1- Download AppCleaner and click "Download version 1.2.2"

2- Download and Install it.

3- Open AppCleaner.

4- Go to Finder, Applications, and drag Mail to AppCleaner. You will see a window like the following picture:

5- Click Delete

6- Restart your computer using the Snow Leopard Installation disk and resintall ONLY Mail. (If you need help to do this please let me know. You don't need to re-install Snow Leopard completely, just the Mail app)

Thank you

John Cappuccio

*** 3 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1* Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2* Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback. Please DO NOT click Accept is you are not satisfied with my answer. Instead, let me know it, so we can try with another solution.

3* Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have deleted my Mail files as you suggested and now I'm ready to reinstall Mail. Please let me know how to install just Mail from my Snow Leopard installation disk. Thanks.
I am sorry for the delay

Did you manage to reinstall the Mail app ?

Thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes. Everything is working nicely now. Thanks so much for your help. You are a life saver!
I am happy it is working now. Thank you very much for your reply! Laughing

Please don't forget to feedback me here:

Positive feedback is greatly appreciated and very important to us.

Thank you

John Cappuccio