Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Running Parallels 4 on Mac OS 10.5. Parallels Tools regularly

Customer Question

Running Parallels 4 on Mac OS 10.5. Parallels Tools regularly have issues such as Shared Folders not displaying the same file/folders. Also, keyboard starts getting strange. I push the "D" key and the active application in windows closes and the XP VM logs off the active user. ANy thoughts? Should I bit the bullet and upgrade to the new version of parallels?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 6 years ago.
Hi there

Thanks for requesting me.

There were many enhancements and bug fixes in Parallels Desktop 5.0 so I highly recommend you upgrade anyway. As far as the issue you are having, does it log out the mac user or the windows user when you press D? Also, can you explain a little more on the issues you are having with shared folders? Do the folders appear to have different files than on the mac? Have you refreshed the window (F5) on the windows side?

Let me know.

Best Regards,
Brandon

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Brandon -

1. The windows user is logged out.

2. Shared Folder issue creeped up yesterday. I had saved files from a MAC browsing session that were not available on the XP partion even after I pushed F5.

Let me know if you need any other details. My day is mellower today so I should be more responsive.

Thanks,