Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience

I downloaded a program called Rhino that is a virtual clavinet.

Customer Question

I downloaded a program called Rhino that is a virtual clavinet. I installed it to the hard drive (that was the only option where to put it). It said it is installed but I can't find the program to open. When I look in the hard drive it only shows to install it again but not to open and use the program
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.

Try doing a search in the upper right corner of any Finder window, for the name of the program. You might also scroll through your Applications folder and see if it's there.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have additional questions regarding the issue.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No that didn't help. This is so frustrating. I've installed it about 4 times now but I can't find the program or open it. I'll try to give you more info. When I click on the harddrive
icon and then type RHINO in the spotlight search here's what I get.
name kind last opened
rhino205(2).dmg Disk Image today 11:44 PM

there's at least one other Rhino because I downloaded it a couple times out of frustration trying to get one that could open. One of the other ones is

rhino205.dmg Disk Image today, 11:48AM

There is nothing in any of my application files. When I click on some of them is says

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
when I click on some of them it says

the following disk images failed to mount
image reason
rhino205.dmg not recognized
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.
The dmg file is what's called a volume. It shows up just like an external flash drive or hard drive. Open one, and in a new Finder window, look for something on the left side of the window that says "Rhino". Select it, and you should see the application or an installer inside.

Then, drag the application into your Applications folder, or run the installer. Let me know if that helps.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I found the file that says rhino volume and it has an icon that looks like an external hard drive. when I click on it its goes into an installer (rhino.pkg) I click on that and it goes into the installation process which I go through and watch it install and it says installed which I've done at least 5 times, but once it says installed I have no idea where it is installed because I can't find it or open it.
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.
Can you send me the link to download the program? I'll try to install it on my end and see what happens.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I copied this from one of the sites. The program is called Ticky Clav and the company that developed it is called Big Tick Audio Software and when you download it it is called Rhino. Aparently it was orginally developed for windows and then apulsoft ported this plug in to osx and to the au format (not sure what all that means). If you google ticky clav for mac there are several sites that have this free download and it is 1.1

Ticky Clav: Physical Modelling Clavinet Synth

This plugin emulates the ultra-funky sound of the Hohner Clavinet, forever associated with Stevie Wonder's "Superstition".

The synth engine is based on a physical modeling algorithm, faithfully reproducing the strings vibration and the 2 pickups of the Clavinet Model C.

Ticky Clav was developed by Big Tick for windows VST. Click here to donate something to the programmers of Ticky Clav.

apulSoft ported this plugin to OSX and to the AU format.

Click here to download the OSX versions. (07/15/07)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
this is one of the sites
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.
This is a plugin, meaning it requires another program to run on Mac. You'll need a full VST( virtual synthesizer) program to run it. If you don't have one, here's a link to a demo.