Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My wife clicked a dialog box and suddenly her machine lost

Customer Question

My wife clicked a dialog box and suddenly her machine lost her pop mail - i looked in apple mail accounts and it just shows my .mac account which was inactive on her machine
Category: Mac
Expert:  loadedmind replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer

Do you or does she recall what this dialog box looked like? What version of OS X are you using? Are you using the default Mail program that came with the Mac? Finally, without disclosing her email address please, who is your internet service provider so that I can look up what settings should be in the mail program's account settings?

Thanks and regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I used stellar phoenix to look for deleted folders, found 2 mail folders;

she told me that her machine crashed, and when she restarted it she got a box askeing her about mail(that's all she could tell me) when she clicked it, it activated my "inativated" .mac account and killed her POP account and mailboxes. I have worked through this and am fairly sure that recovering the folders will let me restablish her account and than reimport the messages-- so i think we will take the refund option, as I think I have solved it for myself

thanks anyway