Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

I am going to Cabo San Lucas for four days and would like to

I am going to Cabo San Lucas for four days and would like to switch my iphone to an international plan for just those days. Is this practical? Do I even need to do it? If so, how do I go about doing this?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 6 years ago.
I am assuming that At&t is your cell phone service provider?

The rates that they charge for international plans are ridiculous in my opinion. You would add the international plan to your account, and they will prorate the amount for this full month and then charge you one month in advance. After the next billing statement, they promise to credit back your account the extra month.

In short, my suggestion is no that it is not practical by any means; however, you may be able to work out a deal with your cell phone service provider by calling and asking about it.