Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

My computer will not read my Painter11. It is a Mac version

My computer will not read my Painter11. It is a Mac version 10.62 . It looks at the disk and then spite it out.
Hello, my name is Dan.
Do other discs work? I mean does it spit any others out or just this one?
How new is this computer?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The computer accepted a Wacom disk,works good. The computer was purched Dec. 27 2010.
Some Macs have supersensitive optical drives and as such reject things when there is nothing wrong with the disc.

Try wiping the disc with rubbing alcohol, this removes any film that may be present even though it can't be seen.
I would also suggest a DVD head cleaner as there may be some lint or something.

Failing that I would take it to the Apple store and demonstrate the issue, they will fix it no charge because of the warranty.

A workaround (if you wish to just get it done) is to use the other Mac in Target mode connected via USB or firewire. This will allow you to use the other Macs optical drive like it is an external.
Nicer if the new one would read it but this way it can be done without a lot of hassle.
Hope this helps.