Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I have a Macbook Pro Intel Core Duo running snow leopard 10.6.2.

Customer Question

I have a Macbook Pro Intel Core Duo running snow leopard 10.6.2. The problem I have is that the machine regularly freezes and I have to shut it down via the power button and then restart. Also it will reboot itself sometimes several times in a row??
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

We can try to Reset the PRAM and NVRAM and also the SMC of your Macbook Pro

Reset PRAM and NVRAM
  1. Shut down your Mac
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command(Apple), Option, P, and R.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears and before the chime sound.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for three times.
  6. Release the keys.

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) : Click Here

Best Regards,
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks